From: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Give yourself or someone you love the gift of silence. As we move into the new year, finding the quiet inside can assist in letting go of the old and welcoming in the new. Silence inside helps us to listen to our inner guiding voice.
This will be an extended practice moving from the outside inward. We will begin with larger asana movements, followed by much more subtle body actions to create stillness inside. Finally, we will come to rest in silence. There will be no music, other than the quiet whisper of Mary’s voice.
5 reasons finding silence is important:
- The expectation of too much productivity can lead to burnout. Teaching yourself how to find silence and solitude aids in productivity by making space for rest.
- Quieting your mouth and mind heightens your other senses, enabling you to be more in tune with your actual experience.
- Sillness can help you become a master of your impulses. Itches beckon, the monkey mind tries to play. Refraining from indulging these distractions builds self-discipline.
- Silence can relieve worry and regret. It brings us back to the present where only THIS moment matters.
- Removing yourself from constant stimulation helps your mind to cultivate a meaningful intention, increasing imagination and positive emotions.