Teacher Mentorship Program
Have you completed a teacher training program but feel like you need more support to refine your teaching skills? Perhaps you are interested in enhancing your sequencing & assisting skills, nurturing a more authentic teaching voice, or working with a specific population like seniors or prenatal students.
Bliss Body Yoga’s Teacher Mentorship Program (TMP) is a continuing education program for yoga teachers interested in expanding their learning and teaching. Through the guidance of a Mentor, you will have extensive opportunities to dedicate yourself to your yogic path and to teaching.
- Individualized approach. Work one on one with a teacher mentor and receive personalized support and guidance along the way.
- Scheduling flexibility. Our program can be started at any time and concludes 3 months from your chosen start date.
- 2 private lessons with your teacher mentor designed to explore your personal practice and clarify your teaching goals
- Opportunities to observe & assist your mentor’s public classes
- Teaching video project to evaluate and receive vital feedback on areas of refinement
- Email support from your mentor to provide guidance and accountability to help you reach your goal
- Community class offering at Bliss aligned with your personal teaching goals
Rededicate yourself to the Yamas and Niyamas of the Yoga Sutras.
Being a yoga teacher means working towards the embodiment of the historical teachings. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali offer a set of ethical principles for all yogis to follow – the Yamas and Niyamas. In line with these ethical principles, Bliss Body Yoga’s TMP invites teachers to cultivate a deeper connection to the yogic path through self-study – Svadhyaya. During the 3 month program, the teacher will connect with a mentor who will guide them along their individual path.
- Colby Cooper, E-RYT 500
- Jen Davis, E-RYT 500, RCYT
- Mary Scudella, E-RYT 500, RCYT
- Roxane Banville, RYT 500
- Anna Egleston, RYT 500
- Karley St. Pierre, E-RYT 200
Components of the TMP include:
Private yoga sessions with your mentor (2 hours total)
- 1 to explore your personal practice
- 1 to clarify your teaching art & refine your assisting skills
- Observing and assisting your mentor teacher & self evaluation video project (11 hours total, minimum of 2 class observations)
- Assist up to 8 classes once your mentor determines that you are ready to assist
- Record a 20-minute (minimum) video of yourself teaching a group class. Take your own class using the recording as a guide and write a 1-page reflection on your observations of being your own student.
Community class offering at Bliss Body Yoga towards the end of the mentoring session (1 hour total). The class can be offered as a karma class with donations going to a cause agreed upon by the teacher and mentor. The class can be open to all levels or focus on a specific population based on your TAPAS interest.
This is truly the heart of the mentorship program. Through consultation with your mentor (2 hours) and additional research into your own area of interest, your mentor will guide you on the path of growth as a yogi and/or yoga teacher. Whatever your goal, our experienced mentors can impart their wisdom, guidance, and provide accountability to assist you in progressing towards your goal. (6 hours total)
If interested, teachers may attend workshops at Bliss Body Yoga during their TMP at a discounted rate. This rate is only available for certain workshops as decided by Bliss Body Yoga management.
For any Bliss Body Yoga YTT Graduate
For any Current Teacher at Bliss Body Yoga