Friday October 18th– 7:00-9:30pm
Saturday October 19th – 3:00-6:00pm
Sunday October 20th 1:00-3:30pm
Cost: $225 if registered by October 1st, $250 after October 1st.
Yoga teachers earn 7.5 CEU’s for this training
Restorative yoga is a practice in which the physical body is supported by props, creating an environment in which the relaxation response is elicited and the physical, mental and emotional body have space to experience deep rest. This training is designed for yoga teachers wishing to deepen their understanding and familiarity with various aspects of restorative yoga including:
• Benefits of restorative yoga and its impact on mind/body/emotional states
• Breathing practices (pranayama) that support the relaxation response
• Common restorative poses-support and alignment, alternatives to traditional poses, indications/contraindications
• Sequencing a restorative class
• Teacher qualities/practices-observation, holding space, assisting
Required reading: Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times by Judith Lasater.
About Barbara Vosk, Ph.D., RYT- 500
Barbara has been teaching yoga since 2011. She completed Level 1 of Judith Lasater’s Restorative Yoga Relax and Renew ® training program and has had additional training in Therapeutic Yoga, incorporating restorative yoga in a variety of ways to support healing in the body and mind. As a clinical psychologist with over 30 years of experience treating anxiety, depression and the aftermath of trauma, Barbara also incorporates yoga in her work with individuals as a way of promoting connection to body mind and spirit in service of health and healing.