Bliss Body Yoga Teacher Mentorship Program
Bliss Body Yoga’s Teacher Mentorship Program (TMP) is a Yoga Alliance approved continuing education program for yoga teachers with an RYT 200 level registration and/or any yoga teacher interested in expanding their learning and teaching. Through the guidance of a Mentor, you will have extensive opportunities to dedicate yourself to your yogic path and to teaching.
Mentorships are available this quarter with the following teachers:
- Colby Cooper, E-RYT 500
- Jen Davis, E-RYT 500, RCYT
- Jen Fisher, E-RYT 500, RCYT
- Megan Flaherty, E-RYT 200, RYT 500
- Mary Scudella, E-RYT 500, RCYT
Rededicate yourself to the Yamas and Niyamas of the Yoga Sutras.
Being a yoga teacher means working towards the embodiment of the historical teachings. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali offer a set of ethical principles for all yogis to follow – the Yamas and Niyamas. In line with these ethical principles, Bliss Body Yoga’s TMP invites teachers to cultivate a deeper connection to the yogic path through self-study – Svadhyaya. During the 3 month program, the teacher will connect with a mentor who will guide them along their individual path. The components of the TMP include:
Private yoga sessions with your mentor (2 hours total)
- 1 to explore your personal practice
- 1 to clarify your teaching art & refine your assisting skills
- Observing and assisting your mentor teacher & self evaluation video project (11 hours total, minimum of 2 class observations)
- Assist up to 8 classes once your mentor determines that you are ready to assist
- Record a 20-minute (minimum) video of yourself teaching a group class. Take your own class using the recording as a guide and write a 1-page reflection on your observations of being your own student.
Community class offering at Bliss Body Yoga towards the end of the mentoring session (1 hour total). The class can be offered as a karma class with donations going to a cause agreed upon by the teacher and mentor. The class can be open to all levels or focus on a specific population based on your TAPAS interest.
This is truly the heart of the mentorship program. Through consultation with your mentor (2 hours) and additional research into your own area of interest, your mentor will guide you on the path of growth as a yogi and/or yoga teacher. Whatever your goal, our experienced mentors can impart their wisdom, guidance, and provide accountability to assist you in progressing towards your goal. (6 hours total)
If interested, teachers may attend workshops at Bliss Body Yoga during their TMP at a discounted rate. This rate is only available for certain workshops as decided by Bliss Body Yoga management.
- $425 regular price
- $400 for any Bliss Body Yoga YTT graduate
- $375 for any current teacher at Bliss Body Yoga
In accordance with Yoga Alliance Continuing Education regulations all of our Mentor Teachers are registered with Yoga Alliance at the E-RYT 200 or E-RYT 500 level. Upon completion of the TMP, you will be issued a certificate to be uploaded to the Yoga Alliance website with 20 hours of continuing education (categories will be based upon your individual TAPAS interests/goals).