Beginners Series Curriculum:
- Week 1: Breath, Movement, & Sun Salutations
- Week 2: Sun Salutations A & B
- Week 3: Warrior Series
- Week 4: Balancing and Seated Poses
- Week 5: Backbends
- Week 6: Preparation for inversions
- Week 7: Preparation for inversions continued
- Week 8: Integration Practice
Download our Beginners Series Review Sheet for a home practice guide.
- Learn in a safe and friendly atmosphere
- Move at your own pace
- Safely explore your limits
- Build a strong knowledge base
- Build strength and flexibility
- Release tension in the body
What To Know Before Coming To Class:
- Wear comfortable clothes in which you can easily move.
- We recommend coming to class on an empty stomach. If hunger is an issue, a light snack before class can help.
- Bring your yoga mat if you own one. If you don’t have a mat, we have them along with other props to assist your practice.
- Arrive 10 minutes early and register online to secure your space in class. If you do not arrive by the class start time your reserved space will be given to a drop in student. If you preregister and can’t make it, please cancel your reservation prior to class so we can allow another student to take your place.
- We lock the front door at the class start time and we will not allow students to join class if they are late.
Beginners Series Schedule
Beginners Yoga classes are offered two times during the week. You have the freedom to attend either of these classes during the course of the series. If you miss a class, you can make it up on another day. You may also drop into the Beginners classes at any time. We kindly ask that if you are unable to attend you remove yourself from the class through your online account to make room for other students. You can manage your schedule by logging into MindBody and viewing the “My Info” tab at the top then selecting “My Schedule.”
**Please note** When registering, please be sure to sign yourself into each class you plan to attend during the series to secure your space. If you plan to attend with another person, the other person will need to create their own account to sign up for classes (an individual email login and password separate from yours). We do allow students to drop in to our beginners classes and space is available on a first come first served basis. Pre-registration is suggested for the 8-week session and the cost is $104.
Saturdays at 11:15am – Series runs from January 5th through February 23rd
Mondays at 7:15pm – Series runs from January 7th through February 25th
Saturdays at 11:15am – Series runs from March 2nd through April 20th
Mondays at 7:15pm – Series runs from March 4th through April 22nd